The chapel was recreated from the 1832 Red Mills Baptist Church in Mahopac which was dismantled in 1999
and kept in storage until 2006. The chapel was built under the direction of Peter Allegretta and George Whipple III. The steeple, which did not survive the years in storage, needed to be entirely rebuilt.
Area professional carpenters donated thousands of hours volunteering on Saturdays for nearly a year.
The chapel is named in honor of deceased Putnam County veterans Capt. George Carroll Whipple, Jr. and
Sgt. Robert Stanton Feeley. It is gifted in spirit to all of the Putnam County Veterans.